Uz. Ali Rasheed Hussain was born on 06th July 1974, in Keyodhoo, Vaavu Atoll, Republic of Maldives. He completed his bachelor's degree in Shari'ah and Law from Al-Azhar University in 2002 and read for his Masters in Shari'ah at American Open University in 2006.
Uz. Ali Rasheed Hussain completed various training in the field of shari'ah and law, including one-year training in issuing of fatwas at Egypt's Dar al-Ifta.
On 05th March 2007, Uz. Ali Rasheed Hussain was appointed as a judge of the Criminal Court and continued to work at different courts of the Maldives until his appointment to the Supreme Court bench on 08th September 2020.
Uz. Ali Rasheed Hussain participated in the drafting of multiple acts and regulations and taught several subjects of shari'ah and law at Islamic University of Maldives and Villa College. He has likewise administered numerous training sessions on Human Rights and Criminal Procedure for Judges, Lawyers, Police Officers, and Parole Officers.
- Judge, Criminal Court (05 March 2007 - 04 April 2001)
- Judge, Civil Court (04 April 2011 - 27 October 2013)
- Chief Judge, Civil Court (27 October 2013 - 21 February 2015)
- Judge, Drug Court (21 February 2015 - 01 March 2019)
- Judge, Criminal Court (01 March 2019 - 08 September 2020)